NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE BOARD OF MANAGERS OF THE WALKER COUNTY HOSPITAL DISTRICT,
WALKER COUNTY, TEXAS, WILL HOLD A REGULAR MEETING, OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, ON WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2016
AT 7:00 P.M. AT HUNTSVILLE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
2ND FLOOR MEETING ROOM A, HUNTSVILLE, TEXAS.
- Call meeting to order.
- Consider approving the minutes for the meeting held November 30, 2016.
- Comments from the public. If you wish to address the Board of Managers, please register prior to the meeting being called to order.
- Consider approving payment of indigent care bills.
- Review and consider approving the monthly financial report.
- Consider approving payment of monthly bills.
- Approve the recording of December 2016 budgeted indigent care expense in the amount of $576,664.00.
- Consider giving approval to Walker County Appraisal District to accept the bids received on the properties in trust owned by the taxing jurisdictions.
- Consider changing the time and day of the week of the WCHD Board Meetings for 2017.
- Discuss asbestos study report and future demolition of Ella Smither Building.
- Consider approving office employee’s benefit package for 2017.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION: The Board of Managers will convene in closed session pursuant to Government Code Sections 551.071 and 551.072 to consider the continuation of the professional employment agreement dated January 14, 2009 (as amended on February 4, 2016) by and between the Walker County Hospital District and Brenda T. Strama, of the firm of Beatty Bangle Strama P.C. for services as special legal counsel in connection with the District’s Hospital Operating Agreement and Lease Agreement with Walker County Hospital Corporation d/b/a Huntsville Memorial Hospital and further for services relating to operations and transactional matters involving the District, including but not limited to proposed sale of the Huntsville Memorial Hospital facilities, potential real estate transactions, public information requests, and such other legal matters involving the Walker County Hospital District requiring her expertise.
- RECONVENE: Open session for action following Executive Session, if necessary.
- Comments and reports from managers and HMH administration.
- Adjourn meeting.
Anne Karr, Chairman WCHD