NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE BOARD OF MANAGERS
OF THE WALKER COUNTY HOSPITAL DISTRICT, WALKER COUNTY, TEXAS,
WILL HOLD A REGULAR MEETING, OPEN TO THE PUBLIC,
ON WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25, 2018 BEGINNING AT 6:00 P.M.
AT HUNTSVILLE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL 2ND FLOOR MEETING ROOM A,
- Call meeting to order.
- Consider approving the minutes for the Special Meeting held March 08, 2018 and the Regular Meeting held March 28, 2018
- Comments from the public. If you wish to address the Board of Managers, please register prior to the meeting being called to order.
- Consider approving payment of indigent care bills.
- Review and consider approving monthly financial report.
- Consider approving payment of monthly bills.
- Approve the recording of April 2018 budgeted indigent care expense in the amount of $568,334.00.
- Consider giving approval to Walker County Appraisal District to accept the bids received on the properties in trust owned by the taxing jurisdictions.
- Consider approval of application to waive Walker County Hospital District property taxes for the Samuel Walker Houston Cultural Center.
- Comments and reports from managers and HMH administration.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION: The Board of Managers will convene in Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 551.071 to consult and deliberate with the District’s attorneys to discuss the legal issues raised in the possible sale of the Old Huntsville Memorial Hospital properties and the lawsuit and report on the proceedings in the lawsuit attempting to enjoin any sale filed on March 5, 2018 under Cause No. 18-28672 styled Pamela Smither Covington, Miles Allan “Bob” Smither and Murray Smither v. Huntsville Memorial Hospital and Walker County Hospital District, In the 278th Judicial District Court of Walker County, Texas, presently set for hearing on the Request for Temporary Injunction for April 23, 2018.
Reconvene: Open Session for action following Executive Session.
Anne Woodard, Chairman WCHD