NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE BOARD OF MANAGERS OF THE WALKER COUNTY HOSPITAL DISTRICT, WALKER COUNTY, TEXAS, WILL HOLD A REGULAR MEETING, OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, ON WEDNESDAY, August 22, 2018 BEGINNING AT 6:00 P.M. AT HUNTSVILLE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, 2nd FLOOR MEETING ROOM A, HUNTSVILLE, TEXAS.
- Call meeting to order.
- Consider approving the minutes for the meeting held on July 25, 2018.
- Comments from the public.
- Comments and reports from managers and HMH administration.
- Executive Session. Adjournment to closed session, which is necessary and authorized by Section 551.001 et seq., specifically Section 551.071 of the Texas Government Code (the Open Meetings Act). The District Managers will meet with attorneys to ask questions and receive attorney-client privileged information from the District’s attorneys related to:
- Pending litigation matters,
- Matters related to the potential sale or lease of District real estate, including the Ella Smither property and the hospital facility,
- Legal issues related to communications, administrative matters, and District policies.
- Reconvene in open meeting.
- Receive 2019 budget requests.
- 2019 budget workshop.
- Conduct a public budget hearing for 2019 budget.
- Adopt 2019 budget.
- Adopt tax rate funding 2019 budget.
- Consider approving payment of indigent care bills.
- Review monthly financial report.
- Consider approving payment of monthly bills.
- Approve the recording of August 2018 budgeted indigent care expense in the amount of $568,334.00.
- Consider giving approval to Walker County Appraisal District to accept the bids received on properties in trust owned by the taxing jurisdictions.
- Adjourn meeting.
Anne Woodard, Chairman WCHD