NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE BOARD OF MANAGERS OF THE WALKER COUNTY HOSPITAL DISTRICT, WALKER COUNTY, TEXAS, WILL HOLD A REGULAR MEETING, OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, ON WEDNESDAY, March 27, 2019 AT 6:00 P.M. @ HUNTSVILLE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL 2ND FLOOR MEETING ROOM A HUNTSVILLE, TEXAS.
- Call meeting to order.
- Consider approving the minutes for the Regular Meeting held February 27, 2019 and the Special meeting held March 14, 2019.
- Comments and reports from HMH administration.
- Comments from the public. If you wish to address the Board of Managers, please register prior to the meeting being called to order.
- Discuss and act upon Resolution to place the 6.324 acres Old Huntsville Memorial Hospital campus (most recently the Ella Smither Geriatric Center) on Avenue O on the market for sale “AS IS” by the Sealed Bid procedure authorized by Section 272 of the Texas Local Government Code for political subdivisions other than Counties and Cities and to discuss and approve a Bid Package providing for Bid Terms and procedures for distribution to potential bidders;
- To discuss and approve a Minimum Bid Price and the deadline for and manner for the taking of Sealed Bids, the time, date, location and manager for receiving the sealed bids and the procedures and dates for filing and opening such bids in conformity with Bid Package; and
- To discuss and act upon the language for the Public Notice to be published in the Huntsville Item at least two (2) times, with said bid process and sale not be completed within 14 days of the last published (2nd) Notice; and to discuss and act upon Resolution setting the terms of the acceptance of the bid selected and the sale and conveyance to be consummated, all as provided in said bid package.
- Comments and reports from Chairman Anne Woodard.
- Consider approving a new Web Site for WCHD.
- Report from Anna Smith on Indigent Care.
- Consider approving payment of indigent care bills.
- Review and consider accepting the monthly financial report.
- Review and consider accepting payment of monthly bills.
- Approve the recording of March 2019 budgeted indigent care expense in the amount of $240,000.
- Consider approval of application to waive Walker County Hospital District property taxes for the Samuel Walker Houston Cultural Center.
- Consider giving approval to Walker County Appraisal District to accept the bids received on the properties in trust owned by the taxing jurisdictions.
- Review proposal to retain Financial Analyst to complete operating cost analysis forecast going forward for the Walker County Hospital District as it relates to the Walker County Hospital Corporation dba Huntsville Memorial Hospital.
- Adjourn meeting.
Anne Woodard, Chairman WCHD